How to Readily Generate Content in the Real Estate Space
In this episode of the Real Estate Growth Hackers Show, I speak with Richard Matthews.
Richard and I have built the Real Estate Growth Hackers concept together. I’m pretty much the face of things, with my expertise in the real estate space. While Richard has great expertise in online marketing, direct response marketing, and content marketing. Richard and I have been in business together for over 10 years.
Richard is also a full-time adventurer, serial entrepreneur, and podcast mastermind. He helps business owners produce their own shows so they can talk about their expertise, connect with people in their industry, and leverage the media — turning their show into a multimedia marketing machine.
Here is a rundown on everything we talked about today:
Why does content matter?
Creating content that will stick to people is a powerful thing. Richard thinks that not most people in the real estate industry know how they can keep a conversation going long term.
The ideal scenario for agents is when they are constantly in their audience’s minds and staying inside the agent’s list.
Real estate statistics show that people buy and move every three to five years. This means that people will eventually buy or sell in the future. And if you have figured out how to follow up with them in the long term, you will definitely be the person they’ll remember.
A year-round content
One of the easiest ways for agents to produce year-round content is to think of the best local spots where people can eat and have fun or places that people might be interested in. So if there comes a time where people who are new in the place ask for a place to enjoy and have fun, you’ll have something to recommend.
Putting out information that’s interesting to people will help them remember you, which is a concept and a strategy that works really well.
In the marketing circles, they call this type of strategy providing the ownership experience. Providing an ownership experience beforehand and sharing a perspective about certain places is a powerful aspect of sales psychology.
How to start creating worthwhile content?
Richard shared one of the structures they often use when it comes to creating content. It’s called the “What, Why, and How”.
Ask what would be interesting and what might be useful. Next, ask why that would be interesting and useful. And finally, how can you find this place?
If it’s a local business, put their contact information up. It is important that you give information on how they can get a hold of the place’s management. Have a really solid structure to follow, so you don’t have to reinvent new stuff every now and then.
Other topics we covered on the show:
- Ways on how to make the process of content creation easy [00:17:43]
- Why is Facebook live such a helpful platform when it comes to producing valuable content and how to effectively use the platform? [00:20:04]
- Additional benefits of using Facebook Live [00:25:11]
- Example content structure and call to action when using Facebook Live [00:27:07]
- The benefits of producing content through podcasting [00:36:39]
- Making Podcasting easier through an App called Anchor [00:39:33]
- The risks of using a free platform for your content and how to avoid those risks [00:47:05]
- Ways to produce written content and kinds of content that would be effective in the real estate space [00:51:57]
Connect with Richard:
- Website: RichardMatthews.me
- Facebook Profile: Facebook.com/AKATheAlchemist
- Twitter Handle: Twitter.com/AKATheAlchemist
- Instagram Handle: Instagram.com/AKATheAlchemist
- YouTube Channel: Youtube.com/c/AKATheAlchemist
We Have Resources for You!
Also, Richard mentioned WebinarJam and BNI on the show. You can find them on:
Real Estate Growth Hackers Founder
Zach Hammer is the co-founder of Real Estate Growth Hackers. Over the last 36 months Zach and his team have managed ad budgets well over $100,000, generated over 25,000 real estate leads, and helped create over $50,000,0000 in business revenue for their clients. Zach is also a highly sought after speaker and consultant whose work has impacted some of the top Real Estate teams and brokerages across the country.