Lead Gen Tips & How a Thriving Business can be Built Around S.O.I.
Welcome to another the Real Estate Growth Hackers Show. Today, Kris Bowen joins Zach to talk about lead generation. How did he build a thriving Real estate business around S.O.I.?
Here is a rundown on everything we talked about today:
Kris Bowen’s Origin Story
We start the episode with Kris Bowen’s origin story. How did he get into the Real Estate Industry?
Kris Bowen’s background is in IT development for Fortune 100 companies but he has always been fascinated by the Real Estate industry. So much so that Kris would show homes during his lunch breaks even though he was already running a successful business.
We talked about how information is available for Real Estate professionals around the world through the advancement of technology and the types of opportunities it opens to.
Kris shared, “More information has become available today. But a Real Estate Agent’s value used to be as a holder of the keys or as the brain of information. So Real Estate Agents must adapt with the advancement of technology. They must become something more in order to maintain great value and to maintain their position in the marketplace.”
On Culture and Mindset
Culture and mindset are two of the most important aspects of team management for Kris.
“We’re in an industry that is constantly being beaten down. People are always hanging up on us, telling us to go away, or trying to get us a discount,” said Kris.
If one does not have a strong mindset, then they are never going to be successful in this business. This might seem cheesy and pointless for some people, but it helps Kris and his team get through the day.
Understanding the Goal and Moving as One Team
Kris talked about key ideas he sticks to in order to stay successful, “The key to my team’s success is understanding where we’re headed, and not dwell too much on where we are at.”
For Kris and his team, every member buys in what they are trying to do — every one has a bigger purpose in whatever the company is trying to accomplish.
“And it’s a big deal when your team goes on board with you because it’s not just about the money,” added Kris.
Other topics we covered on the show:
- Technology has always affected businesses across industries. Kris talked about his background in IT and how he and his team adapts to the ever-evolving Real Estate industry and the technology that surrounds it. [00:03:15]
- Next, we talked about some of the biggest struggles that Kris and his team have encountered along their journey. Mindset and Team Culture — how did Kris overcome these struggles as he was growing the business and rose up with a stronger team? [00:08:37]
- We also talked about the technology available today that could potentially offset the Real Estate Community. Kris understands that like most industries, the Real Estate space is poised for change. But when the market does shift, Kris notes that it is actually marketing skills that sell homes, not much of the technology. [00:16:41]
- Kris also talked about more advanced strategies and tools he has developed — a result of the blend of history between him and his team — that have worked best for his team’s lead generation efforts. [00:20:48]
- Real Estate is one of the few industries where your products are something that people are going to look at whether they are in the market to buy or not. People love to look at houses! We talked about the process behind the advertising of listings and how Kris makes it work for the team. [00:23:03]
- We also took a look at some of the events that Kris does as special marketing for his S.O.I. (Sphere Of Influence) [00:26:17]
- More strategies for building stronger relationships with the people in your S.O.I. — get them to rally behind you for a bigger cause. [00:30:01]
- Next, we talked about passive forms of interruption marketing — specifically how to leverage ringless voicemail [00:37:04]
- Finally, Kris opens up about the people who have influenced him in business and what people should keep in mind when working with coaches and mentors. [00:46:50]
Ready to Get Started with Kris Bowen or Still Have Some Questions?
Check out the Rize Real Estate Group and connect with Kris Bowen: UtahRize.com
- Facebook: Facebook.com/utahkris
- Instagram: Instagram.com/rize_real_estate/
- LInkedIn: LinkedIn.com/in/krisbowen/
We Have Resources for You!
Also, Kris mentioned these resources on the show. You can find them on:
Real Estate Growth Hackers Founder
Zach Hammer is the co-founder of Real Estate Growth Hackers. Over the last 36 months Zach and his team have managed ad budgets well over $100,000, generated over 25,000 real estate leads, and helped create over $50,000,0000 in business revenue for their clients. Zach is also a highly sought after speaker and consultant whose work has impacted some of the top Real Estate teams and brokerages across the country.