How to Make a Downsize Move & Enjoy a Right-Size Lifestyle
In this episode of the Real Estate Growth Hackers Show, Kim Stanley joins Zach Hammer to talk about how she helps people discover and enjoy the right-sized lifestyle when moving to a new home through downsizing.
Kim Stanley is the founder of Downsize My Home LLC—a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers. She is a former real estate agent with over a decade of experience in the downsizing and move management industry.
Her workbook, How to Make a Downsize Move, has helped hundreds of folks move quickly, easily, and with less stress.
We have fun, exciting, and highly niched segments in store for you in this episode. So be sure to check out the full episode!
Here is a rundown on everything we talked about today:
Kim’s Downsize My Home Toolkit
We begin the episode with Kim Stanley’s origin story. How did she end up in the Real Estate industry and what led her to the downsizing niche?
“I had the opportunity to help an agent represent an upscale condo development in Colombia that was suited for early retirees and empty nesters,” shared Kim.
But the thing was, whenever Kim asked about moving the clients’ stuff from their old place to the new home, their faces would drop. Her clients had huge homes filled with so many things collected over the years. And it’s usually a major factor why a client would walk away.
Kim talked about her early days in business helping people with planning a downsize move with less stress. She did this through a workbook she wrote called “Downsize My Home Toolkit”. It had all the hands-on materials people need to be successful with their sorting process and make good decisions on their downsize move.
On Kim’s Passion for Realtors and the Downsizing Space
One of Kim’s passions is helping realtors. “I know a lot of realtors who have gotten their designations in the senior industry but are floundering in developing a successful business in an arena they feel passionate about,” she shared.
So, Kim created a continuing education program with the Texas Real Estate Commission. Through her program, she has developed a truly hands-on business building course. And she is very passionate about sharing everything she has learned in the last decade with agents.
Other topics we covered on the show:
- Kim opened up about her actual downsizing process. She talked about the importance of making the amount of stuff you have work for and fit the reality of your current lifestyle. [00:07:24]
- Next, Kim describes the downsizing market. Who are the people that belong to this industry? [00:12:46]
- There is a surge in business coming for the downsize moving industry. We talked about the strategies that work for downsizing brands and get interested people in front of this swelling niche. [00:18:43]
- We are story-driven people. When it comes to teaching, everything goes back to stories. Kim talked about how good marketing is centered around a story. [00:21:28]
- Then, Kim shared more about the senior housing industry in the USA and how it is growing and so far from the stereotypic nursing home image that is on the minds of most people. [00:24:35]
- There is a crisis in the senior real estate market right now and realtors should be at the heart of the solution. [00:31:43]
- Next, Kim talked about some tactics that agents can do to get in front of the senior housing market and start generating good business. [00:36:43]
- And then, we unpack more strategies on how to tap into very specific markets and how to find places or people that are in alignment with your business. [00:46:34]
Ready to Get Started with Kim Stanley or Still Have Some Questions?
Connect with Kim through these links:
- Email: Kim@KimStanley.com
- Facebook Page: Downsizing My Home
- LinkedIn Profile: LinkedIn.com/in/kimstanley
We Have Resources for You!
Also, Kim Stanley mentioned her workbook on the show! Order your copy of “How to Make a Downsize Move — Your Guide to a Rightsized Lifestyle” today!
Real Estate Growth Hackers Founder
Zach Hammer is the co-founder of Real Estate Growth Hackers. Over the last 36 months Zach and his team have managed ad budgets well over $100,000, generated over 25,000 real estate leads, and helped create over $50,000,0000 in business revenue for their clients. Zach is also a highly sought after speaker and consultant whose work has impacted some of the top Real Estate teams and brokerages across the country.